This documentation is for version 1.0 of Deinterlace (net.sf.openfx.Deinterlace).
Deinterlace input stream.
The following deinterlacing algorithms are supported:
- Weave: This is what 100fps.com calls “do nothing”. Other names: “disabled” or “no deinterlacing”. Should be used for PsF content.
- Blend: Blender (full resolution). Each line of the picture is created as the average of a line from the odd and a line from the even half-pictures. This ignores the fact that they are supposed to be displayed at different times.
- Bob: Doubler. Display each half-picture like a full picture, by simply displaying each line twice. Preserves temporal resolution of interlaced video.
- Discard: Only display one of the half-pictures, discard the other. Other name: “single field”. Both temporal and vertical spatial resolutions are halved. Can be used for slower computers or to give interlaced video movie-like look with characteristic judder.
- Linear: Doubler. Bob with linear interpolation: instead of displaying each line twice, line 2 is created as the average of line 1 and 3, etc.
- Mean: Blender (half resolution). Display a half-picture that is created as the average of the two original half-pictures.
- Yadif: Interpolator (Yet Another DeInterlacing Filter) from MPlayer by Michael Niedermayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu). It checks pixels of previous, current and next frames to re-create the missed field by some local adaptive method (edge-directed interpolation) and uses spatial check to prevent most artifacts.
|Parameter / script name||Type||Default||Function|
|Field Order /
Interlaced field order
Lower field first (lower): Lower field first.
Upper field first (upper): Upper field first
HD=upper,SD=lower (auto): Automatic.
Field to interpolate.
Lower (lower): Interpolate lower field.
Upper (upper): Interpolate upper field.
|Yadif Processing Mode /
||Choice||Temporal & spatial||
Mode of checking fields
Temporal & spatial (temporalspatial): Temporal and spatial interlacing check (default).
Temporal only (temporal): Skips spatial interlacing check.